Sunday, May 19, 2013

summer reading


I graduate from University next week friday and I am about to have a load free time on my hands for which I am entirely grateful. I plan to do a great deal of reading and this is my summer reading list: 


East of Eden by John Steinbeck is my favorite book of all time. I cannot even begin to explain my love for this piece of brilliant literature. Set in Salinas, California, East of Eden is a grand story of good and evil in a re-telling of the story of Cain and Abel that spans 3 generations.   


Haruki Murikami is an exceptional writer. The majority of his works are fiction postmodern literature and they all have a dream like effect when you're reading them. I have read four of his books and I have thoroughly enjoyed them all. I have never read Hard-boiled Wonderland and I am looking forward to it!


This may sound ridiculous but I have never read James and the Giant Peach. I have absolutely no idea what the story is about. Im assuming it's about someone named James who somehow attains a peach that is larger than a normal peach. 


Last but not least, A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I grew up reading these books and they are very precious to me. I read them every summer. They are comprised of twelve books chronicling the lives of the Baudelaire children who are being pursued by their adversary Count Olaf. I do not think it would be grandiose for me to say that these books have had a big part in shaping my life. The writing is incredibly witty and full of cynicism.   

1/2/3/4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment