Monday, April 15, 2013

秒速5センチメートル 5 centimeters per second.















秒速5センチメートル or 5 centimeters per second is a 2007 film by Makoto Shinkai. It is set in the early 1990's and focuses on a young boy's life from adolescents to adulthood. The film is separated in to 3 acts and is about an hour long.

The art is absolutely stunning. I remember watching it for the first time and being in complete awe. The story is a beautiful and very relatable one. It is almost painfully realistic and manages to be graceful and imaginative in its practicality.

You can view the movie in its entirety here. Please enjoy and tell me your thoughts!


2 comments:

  1. It looks like my kind of movie,going to watch later,when i'm home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that! Tell me what you think!

    ReplyDelete