Tuesday, November 12, 2013

japanese 3d deco nails


My wonderfully talented friend Mari did my nails over the weekend and I just about died. It was serendipitous really because I was ready to pay $50 - $75 dollars at a salon to get the exact same manicure that she gave me on her own living room floor. Let me explain the process:

1. First off, she cleaned my hands with pure acetone and a cotton ball.
2. Mari broke out the french tip nail guides and stuck them to each on my finger nails.
3. Two coats of the white polish above the nail guides.
4. After the nails dried came two coats of the silver sparkle nail polish.
5. After the silver polish dried, she took out her 3D rhinestone bows and acrylic kit
6. With tweezers, Mari placed one bow on my ring finger and while keeping it still she applied the acrylic to its undersides.
7. After waiting about 5 minutes for the acrylic to dry, she applied a coat of clear gel polish to all of my nails. 
8. I placed my hands under her LED lamp for 60 seconds.
9. She applied another coat of gel polish to my nails and I placed my hands back under the lamp for another 60 seconds.
10. Mari then wiped my nails down with rubbing alcohol and asked me to wash my hands.

TA-DA!

I am so pleased with the results! I have been doing dishes and everything like normal and my nails look freshly done. Suffice to say, I have a new hobby!  

No comments:

Post a Comment